Tuesday 4 March 2014

OPI Live.Love.Carnival

Hi everyone :D
I have received the rest of my birthday present from my boyfriend in the mail today and I was so excited! I can't wait to try them all! I got a few from the OPI Brazil collection and one from the China Glaze Sea Goddess collection, which I was so excited for. 
OPI Live.Love.Carnival caught my eye in swatches, I love a good coral and this one was so bright and vibrant. I have been tossing up so much if I should buy OPI Toucan Do It If You Try which is quite similar but more orange (I also gravitate towards oranges haha).
On to the polish!

p.s. Do not take your nail photos after the shower, my cuticles look so dry D:




When I first applied this polish, it looked so red which I was really sad about. I have a colour so similar to it and thought this had much more pink to it. Certain lights give this shade much more of a red/orange tone.
In fact this is a dark coral leaning pink. I take my nail photos outside and I think it showed it the most colour accurate.
Live.Love.Carnival had a funny formula. It was a bit gloopy which I have found with a few OPI's lately, and it also tended to drag a bit. It could have been much worse, so this polish gets a pass haha. 
As you can tell from my swatches, the polish had some wear and tear today at work sadly. I had no big chips at all though so that was great.
Accent nail is one coat of China Glaze Snow Globe and all topped with Seche Vite.


Such a nice colour for summer, too bad summer's over now and we're going into Autumn :(
Have I mentioned how much I love the OPI Brazil Collection?? Such beautiful shades!

Until next time..
xx

1 comment:

  1. wow I like this shade!
    Your nails look great! Thanks for sharing this manicure with us!
    Looking forward to read your next post

    Xx Julia

    ReplyDelete